View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2012, 04:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Noise? Go and have a look a lot of your previous music postings. Pot calling kettle black!

Mick Harris mediocre and Vinnie Paul is a god? I would tell the doctor to lower the dose on your pills the next time you are in, they are obviously starting to affect you.
Le me be more precise - judging from about five YouTube videos, I'd say that most of Napalm Death's output ignores most of music's rules. It's speed for speed's sake, nothing but growls from the singer, no melody, very little rhythmic variation - sorry, but to my ears, that's pure noise.

Which one of my previous posts are you referring to? I never posted any Grindcore or Death Metal ****. *

As for Mick Harris: he is mediocre, yes. I'm a drummer myself (with average skills, apart from my single bassdrum techniques, which are pretty good), so I'm particularly interested in a band's drummer. And yes - Vinnie Paul's a lot better than Mick Harris. Vinnie is a real groovemaster, who has good arm and double bass techniques AND a lot of feel for the songs he plays. Harris' style is pretty simple - some fast tom rolls, very many blast beats, and even faster bass drum playing. Well, if you're into speedy stuff like that, you may think he's the better drummer. However, he isn't. He may be persistent, well-trained, and fast - but he's got no feel at all. He sounds like a machine.

Greetings!

PS: * No offence, wes and mr420! I don't want to pick on you. Considering that I love Mozart and Beethoven, it is impossible for me to accept Napalm Death as music.