View Single Post
Old 26th October 2012, 01:40 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I remain unconvinced by this argument, the new release of Devil rides out is how the film was ALWAY meant to look, the film was essentially released unfinished. I agree that the uncorrected version should have been included, but this is far removed from film colorisation as you can get. The whole rationale for what hammer has done is on the disc and explained and the uncorrected version is widely available on dvd.
But, my argument is that is how the film went out on its initial release. It's how the film has always looked. By your rationale, any director can go back and alter their historical body of work with CGI alterations because that's how they really wanted it to look! Or let's drag out all the master tapes of old bands and add synths and electric beats. Y'know, because the Stones would have used synths if they'd had them back then! Let's add some Roland Synth to Satisfaction, because Keith says he would've used it if he'd had it. And then block any further releases of the song as it was once, because it was unfinished!

Your logic is flawed and gives carte blanche to go back and alter historical works of art, regardless of their intrinsic value in their original state. This is why I wholeheartedly disagree with you.