Thread: Show Us Yours!
View Single Post
Old 31st October 2012, 07:34 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Yes, nowhere bad as it used to be, it isn't a big deal, a lot of people live with their parents, although out of my friends I'm the only one! For me it is just sucking, I love them but I never feel like I get away from it, I don't have the room for all my stuff, my own fault, but I also don't get much chance to relax, I'm not usually sitting down to eat until 8pm, I'm in work from 8-5.30, now I'm just whining. It could be a lot worse!!

But thinking back just a decade ago when I was 20 this town was so much more affordable, I could have got my own place then, I convinced myself I was going to move out, stupid mistake!
And here's the problem, successive govenments pursuading everyone they must own their own home mixed with speculators looking to make a quick buck have pushed the housing market to ludicrous price levels. I look in estate agents from time to time and even in my home town, (which has some of the highest unemployment rates in europe) even a small terraced house is 50,000-80,000. The eighties generation made a bundle and left a right mess for the homeowners today.