View Single Post
Old 31st October 2012, 08:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Glad to hear i'm not the only one who though maniac was a rubbish transfer. I have it for the extras but I watch the anchor bay dvd on upscale when I want to watch the film!

That said Vigilante, Torso, Toolbox murders, City of the living dead, The nesting are all excellent discs from blu-underground.
Yeah some of their earlier releases was great. Dead and Buried was also topnotch.

But yeah the Maniac disc was horrible. Many fans were sending Lustig mails about what went wrong with the mastering, but no answer at all, as usual with BU. It´s really annoying when you watch the trailer and KNOW that the movie could have looked that way. And I don´t take kindly of companies lying to their customers, like they have done with movies that actually DIDN´T come from the negatives, even if the back of the cover claimed it. And they have gotten called out on this before.

Since Lustig doesn´t care much about the company anymore, as he´s more intrested in bringing classics to the big-screen instead, he should sell the company to someone who actually burns for this, cause they are just running on fumes these days.

Btw, Sorry for going OT