View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2012, 07:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It has been really wet in Bremen today - a good excuse to sit in my warm, dry sitting room and watch a few of the Blu Rays and DVD's I have accumulated over the past few weeks.

First in the old blu-Ray player was Troll Hunter. Its been a while since I first saw this (September 2010 and then again at last years Fright Fest) but it remains thoroughly enjoyable. You can count the good found footage films on the fingers of a single hand, and this IMHO is one of the best.

Next up was a film I hadn't seen before, Elite Squad: The Enemy Within. Its a sequel (I guess) to the earlier Elite Squad and is another intriguing peek behind the scenes of the battle between criminals and a corrupt and violent police force in Brazil. The politics and intrigue are punctuated by some extremely violent gun battles as the BOPE take on the drug cartels amongst Rio De Janeiro's favellas. Well worth a look.

Finished off with the portmanteau film V/H/S which you can read more about over in my Diary review from the Edinburgh International FIlm Festival.