Thread: My Collection
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2012, 09:32 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
No disrespect to that forum but I've been on there a few times and it's an odd place. Why anyone wouldn't want to upgrade from VHS is beyond me.

Ha! That's exactly what used to happen to me! I've still never seen it from the start. That aside I was pretty much allowed to watch anything I wanted.

RE: The Pre-Cert forum. Films and things people obsess over in general, seem to instil the most eccentric behaviour in some people. My guess is that they love everything that tape-based formats represent because it evokes the memory of a time that they have a lot of nostalgia for. It may also be the fact that they've invested a lot of time and money into building their collections and would rather shut themselves off from the option of dipping their toes into the "murky" waters of other formats. The other thing you have to remember is that there are people who have zero interest in watching films made after a certain point (uh, maybe the demise of VHS would be the cut-off?). Who knows but I must say, I do like the Pre-cert forum, there is always some great discussion going on and always a lot of talk that bring back memories of times of old. Some really nice people posting there but I can see that it would seem very cliquey to new members, or even very agressive and can be both at times.

RE: Carrie. Make sure you watch the whole thing soon! It's definitely one of the better King adaptations and is a brilliant film to boot.