View Single Post
Old 26th November 2012, 10:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Make something of interest that doesn't involve tainting his legacy as one of the great American horror film makers. I'm no fan of George's body of work but think "The Crazies", "Martin" and "Season of the Witch" are some of the finest and most interesting films from the USA in the 70s. I think it's a real shame that he will only be remembered for his zombie films which, to me, are his weakest works.
All the older directors now seem to have had it in quality terms. Romero, Argento, Carpenter.

The problem the horror industry has now is that the new breed of film makers, Green, Roth, Zombie etc all get kicked to shit by the fans who want films from their heroes not these youngsters. However when the classic directors make a film that isn't Tenebrae, The Fog etc then they also get kicked to shit by the fans for as you put it "tainting their legacy". Unfortunately though you are right as the majority of their output in recent years does "taint their legacy".

New horrors by unknown people aren't given a chance because on the whole new horror films are poorly made, badly acted, CGI rubbish.

The only success stories nowadays are teen friendly vamp rom-coms which no one on here likes except PaulD which neatly brings us back to square one meaning we should all ignore his critical panning of a Romero film.*

Its a lose lose situation.

*I'm only kidding Paul.