View Single Post
Old 28th November 2012, 09:57 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Have finally started to unwrap my precious blu-rays. Watched Tenebrae (1982) last night, I have seen this film several times but still feel like an excited toddler when I watch this, Plus Goblin at The Arches, Glasgow is a great extra even if its just two songs.

Also trying to get my money's worth with my Lovefilm subscription so streaming through the 360 ended up watching the following yesterday:

Seance on a Wet Afternoon (1964) a fabulous, tense film.
The Old Dark House (1932) a great film to watch at 3am, I just love Charles Laughton.

I'm mainly searching under horror on lovefilm and putting them in order of release date and starting with the oldest, a pain to skip through.

Also been watching some episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? through Lovefilm.
The Old Dark House really is fantastic, so many quotable lines, 'even Welsh ought naught to sound like that' or 'ave a potato' being my favourites

I was at that Goblin gig - it was pretty good, although it did stray into noodling territory at times. Saw Swans at the Arches last week and it was excruciating, unlistenable, unbearable.

One new movie (for me) - Tokyo Drifter - Just eye and ear candy, pure and simple, as far as I'm concerned, which is fine, I like candy but must admit i was hoping for a bit more substance or failing that some amazing set pieces. It does look amazing though, the Criterion blu is perfect.