View Single Post
Old 4th January 2013, 05:24 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
THE SUCKLING - Quite interesting late eighties attempt to recreate seventies grindhouse - people didn't start doing that kind of thing until at least a decade later. A low budget oddity which could've just been a bit MORE if you know what I mean, but it's still worth catching. Built around the bad taste premise of forced abortion in a skid row whorehouse... the ex-foetus in question becomes an irradiated beast in some quasi-Tromatic way, and the stage is set. It suffers from a surfeit of talky null and void midway, but the first and last sections are suitably scabrous, and the grimy atmos and mean assed characters carry it through the boring bits. As I said, it possibly could've wallowed in its own slime a little more for my benefit, but it at least forms a decent pustule on the sterile face of late eighties genre fodder and for this reason stands out, a bit.
Are Tiny Tim and Lung Leg in this one? If so, it's a film I've wanted to see for ages but have never got round to tracking down yet.