View Single Post
Old 5th January 2013, 02:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
CHROMESKULL: LAID TO REST 2 - A servicable sequel to what I thought was a pretty good latter day slasher. It's quite gruesome without tipping over into any kind of transgressive territory, and features the familiar device of "horrible killer backed up by murder organisation for the psychopathic rich". OK, maybe that's not quite standard, but it does carry a bit of 'Hostel' badness in with its general milkiness. Anyway, 'Chromeskull's back and he looks pretty ugly before he gets his mask on. I really like it when murder and deformity walk hand in hand. Although when MTDS mentioned 'Tiny Tim' a few posts ago it brought back painful memories of being told I'd look great if I played ukelele with a mental floppy perm by a Charles Manson looklalike standing naked in front of a broken mirror in Leeds pub back room on an awful mushroom voyage. This film is better than anything that happened to me that night, but now I've got ****ing gout in my ankle.
I watched this last week but haven't got round to reviewing it yet.

I didn't think it was as good as the first, however it was different to the majority of modern day slashers and also followed directly from the first film. I was pleased the gore was still of a high standard and the film makers gave us some pretty inventive kills.