View Single Post
Old 16th January 2013, 12:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Nail in the coffin for me, I no longer desire any MOC steelbooks, as 2 of the only 3 titles I'm interested in are now Criterion.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. It is the nail, ONLY if this includes the Tv Cut also. That is most important.
Which it does..

In fact, specs are pretty much equal to the Eureka so I'm fine with my copy.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION:

New high-definition digital restoration, approved by director Alex Cox, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
Audio commentary featuring Cox, executive producer Michael Nesmith, casting director Victoria Thomas, and actors Sy Richardson, Zander Schloss, and Del Zamora
Interviews with Cox, Richardson, and Zamora; producers Peter McCarthy and Jonathan Wacks; actors Olivia Barash, Dick Rude, Miguel Sandoval, and Harry Dean Stanton; musicians Keith Morris and Iggy Pop; and Sam Cohen, the inventor of the neutron bomb
Deleted scenes
The complete “cleaned-up” television version of the film, prepared by Cox
Trailers
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Sam McPheeters; an illustrated production history by Cox, with his original comic and film proposal; and a 1987 interview with real-life repo man Mark Lewis

GATE OF HELL doesn't seem to advance on the Eureka either.

New high-definition digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
New English subtitle translation
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film historian Stephen Prince