View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2013, 02:18 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Which version is better of rocky horror, UK or USA, and is it worth watching black and white opening ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
UK version has an extra song in it at the end, I've not watched the B&W opening, I don't think it would add anything to the movie.
At the end of the film, when the castle takes off, the next scene in the UK version is the full version of the song 'Super Heroes':

In the US version, when the castle takes off, the scene fades to the end of the song, with the narrators monologue

In addition to that, the UK version has the song 'Science Fiction/Double Feature (reprise)' over the end credits...

...and then the instrumental version of 'The Time Warp', while the US version doesn't include the 'Science Fiction' reprisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Which version is better of rocky horror, UK or USA, and is it worth watching black and white opening ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've not watched the B&W opening, I don't think it would add anything to the movie.
The original idea for the start of the film was to film it in BW, until the scene where Frank first appears, and throws off his cloak, when it would burst into colour - a homage to 'The Wizard of Oz' maybe?

This version of the full movie can be found as a hidden feature on the 2001 'special edition' DVD. It's an interesting curio, but as Mr. 101 states, it doesn't really make a big difference to the overall film

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty