View Single Post
Old 25th February 2013, 09:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I still haven't seen it but I lost a lot of respect for Kevin Smith with his attitude to the reviews of the film. ""Writing a nasty review for Cop Out is akin to bullying a retarded kid" and complaining that critics should have to pay to see his movies. Awful stuff
I did think that myself at first, but I recently saw one of his Q&A's from last year and he explained his actions, whether you want to believe it or not, he wants to quit film directing which he has mentioned quite a few times over the last few years and before he did he wanted to see if he could make a Studio Movie - which he did and realised that it wasn't for him.

He also thought to himself that the best way to get out of the business is to piss off the press - echoing the plot point in Jersey Girl when Affleck's character blasts Will Smith. He certainally succeeded in pissing off the press, but I think he ended up- pissing off his fans too - many of which still haven't forgiven him.

Luckily for me I'm not fickle, and I really like Red State - so no harm no foul in my eyes - Cop Out is shit though

Triumphant sight on a northern sky