View Single Post
Old 9th March 2013, 02:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
What did you think of We are the Night and Excision?

Are they worth picking up?
We Are the Night was tamer than I thought, plus less erotic than it has been promoted as (although the latter point is not necessarily a good or a bad thing - depends on what you're expecting really). I was expecting a formulaic glossy vampire film with a sprinkle of CGI, but what I actually got was something better... it has some nice developments within the story-line, that strayed away slightly from the predictable path that I presumed it would follow. I'd certainly give it a chance, although would recommend either a rental or a cheap buy.

Excision was interesting. The trailer makes it out to be a bit more ott and crammed with gore than it actually is. It has its surreal moments, but for the most part is more of a character study. It's far from boring, and AnnaLynne McCord does a great job as Pauline in the central role. The ending is pretty ****ed up, too. Whilst I did enjoy this, I'm glad I decided to rent it than blind-buy; mainly because I can't see myself wanting to revisit it for a while...and by then, the DVD/BD will be dirt cheap