View Single Post
Old 13th July 2009, 08:27 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I watched Timecrimes last night its a Spanish thriller about a guy who is (kind of) forced into time travelling a couple of of hours back and has to deal with the consequences.

Its a brilliantly written and plotted film that keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering how everything is going to fit together and pan out. Its almost like the weird deformed half brother of Primer(another ace indi time flick).

It's the sort of fantastic foreign film that America loves to take a remake into a watered down piece of shit. I smell Timecrimes with Nicholas Cage coming to a cinema near you soon (Don’t think he wont do it the man starred in a remake of The Wicker Man, The Wicker Man for ****s sake!).

Also I think the Spanish title for this film is way cooler Los cronocrĂ*menes why does everything have to be re-titled for the foreign market? It's not as if it's that difficult to work out what it means, plus I think it would make the film even better if you didn’t know it was about time travel at all and just went in wondering what it was all about. (OK so if you want to go in blind you'll need to time travel back to before you read my mini review and stop yourself reading it. But if you're gonna try that I suggest you watch Los cronocrĂ*menes first to see what your in for and watch out for paradoxes there a bastard to get out of).