View Single Post
Old 20th April 2013, 02:10 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Detention

A very pleasant surprise indeed. A high-school, hipster, slasher comedy, with a bit of time-travel thrown into the mix, curiosity got the better of me due to some positive reviews and it didn't disappoint. The director has a music video background and it shows; just about everything is thrown at the screen, but it works terrifically with the film's boundless energy - not only does it look good, it's never boring. The cast are game and likable, the jokes quickfire enough to frequently hit, it's crammed with pop culture references, and there's even some amusing gore - and somehow it all fits together.

This is one I'd actually recommend seeking out the US (region free) blu for, as it was only released on DVD in the UK. It certainly entertained the OH and I tonight.
I found this a very difficult film to review & rate... it simply defies genre.

I'd definitely recommend watching it, though - it's on Lovefilm instant streaming for anyone who may be interested.

Here's my brief review (that isn't really much of a review!)

Despite watching it a while ago, I still think about it from time to time, and definitely feel the need to re-watch it.