View Single Post
Old 9th May 2013, 07:56 PM
Active Cultist

Recently re-watched the Basket Case trilogy on Blu. Really enjoyed them again, and also liked the documentary. I was surprised that Henenlotter seems to hate part 3 for some reason. I think it's as good as the first two. It's odd he dislikes it, considering it seems exactly the same in tone and execution as it's predecessors.

The cars that ate paris. There's just something about low budget Oz films from the 70's and 80's, isn't there? Like American slasher films from the golden age, they have a distinct atmosphere that is welcoming in it's nostalgic charm. Nobody seems to be able to act all that well, but that's actually a good thing.

Turkey Shoot See above, although this has a score by Brian May, which can be a good indicator that a good time will be had by all.

Legend -- being a huge Ridley Scott fan, weird I've never seen this before. It also falls in the same category as Blade Runner for me -- I should love the design, story, music, practically everything about it -- but apart from being impressed by it's technical quality, it left me a bit cold. I was watching the clock, wanting it to end. I couldn't really engage with it for reasons I can't fathom, much like Blade Runner.