View Single Post
Old 13th May 2013, 09:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Just got back from Star Trek. Bloody brilliant, just sheer entertainment from start to finish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Sorry to dampen the mood but I found Star Trek rather dull. From the silly "Indy Jones" start, through the rather wooden acting/script after John Harrison attacks star fleet, the frankly ridiculous Simon Peg Scottish accent, the reliance on other parts of the franchise for plot (there comes a point when its no longer a homage or resonance), the Deus ex machina intervention. I could go on. Not in the same league as the first part of the reboot. Hopefully Abrams will now be too busy to take a major part in the third entry. BUT still worth a watch. Cumberbatch is by far the strongest element in the film.
Watched this is 3D at the IMAX yesterday and WOW! What an experience. The visuals are the best I've ever seen in a film and it was a fair bit like being on a rollercoaster ride on numerous occasions... The plot wasn't anything new and Pegg gets a bit irritating but I'll agree that Cumberbatch was excellent. Brilliant experience overall though (the cinema was a full house too), its a film that really makes use of the IMAX's amazing sound and vision capabilities so I would recommend watching it at one if you have one close by. Its visuals blew Oblivion away, even though I rated that pretty highly in that department.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti