View Single Post
Old 16th June 2013, 11:30 PM
Cult Addict

Reservoir Dogs.

Don't really need to say much more about this do I?! Still a classic today. Shame the Blu-ray is missing one or two bonus features from the dvd. The main omission is the 'tribute' to Lawrence Tierney where everyone discusses what a nutter the bloke was! Main reason I kept my DVD. Watching Harvey Keitel act his little socks off inspired my second choice for the evening...

Bad Lieutenant.

Abel Ferrarer really delivers the goods with this film. A slow burning tale of redemption in the seedy underbelly of new york see's Harvey Keitel playing the nameless Lieutenant, a drug addicted cop who spends quite a bit of time either drunk, stark bollock naked and wailing or shoving coke into any availible orifice all the while getting more and more into debt to his bookies with a series of disasterous bets on Mets vs Dodgers games. He's a monstrous and depraved character whose not beyond using his badge to bully a couple of teenage girls into posing for him in their car so he can have a wank, listening in to confessions in church and spying on a rape exam for a young nun. Eventually he has the opportunity to clear his alarming debts by arresting two youngsters who raped the nun or he can find catholic redemption by allowing them to go free and abiding by the victims wishes.
Its still as harsh and powerful a film as it was on release and certainly worth watching. Unfortunately the origional rap soundtrack from the laserdisc and one Uk tv screening isnt present here, it was removed due to a sample taken without permission from Led Zepplins Kashmir which just proves what a bunch of humourless and hypocritical c**ts the band are given their own penchant for 'borrowing' other peoples works. 5 Bands Who Stole Their Best Songs | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com