View Single Post
Old 7th July 2013, 04:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
(House on) Terror Tract (2000)

Recommended to me by Bizarre_Eye, i was fortunate to pick up this little gem of a film for 1p plus the usual Amazon postage.

Terror Tract is an anthology movie on the lines of Creepshow and the Amicus classics from the seventies. The film has three stories inside the main wrap around. The first concerns a jealous murder / hiding the body plot that are all to familiar in this sort of thing and in more than one place reminded me of the aforementioned Creepshow films. It is well made though and easily keeps your attention.

The second story involves a child who discovers an organ grinders monkey in her garden and against her fathers wishes keeps it in the house with horrific consequences. The final segment again feels familiar with its story of a troubled youth telling a pretty therapist about a maniac known as the Granny Killer. With a nice little final twist it completes three enjoyable tales about the houses on Terror Tract.

The thing that makes this film stand out for me is usually the part in other films like this which lack interest - the wraparound story. This features John Ritter as a kindly estate agent valiantly trying to sell a young couple three homes so he can get his bonus. Ritter is so nice a chap he can't help being honest about what happened at the homes he's trying to sell. Imagine Escape to the Country on tv with added hangings, stabbings and dead dogs. To top it all off the final reel is an absolute hoot.

House on Terror Tract won't change your life but it is seriously good fun and highly recommended. The DTS soundtrack is great too.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Dem. That penny plus postage is probably feeling like it has been well spent.