View Single Post
Old 14th September 2013, 12:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

So I am in Oldenburg (just a 30 minute train ride from my flat) for the weekend to experience the Oldenburg Film Festival's 20th instalment.

Tonight I attended the German Premiere (it didn't receive a release first time round) of Bobcat Goldthwait's Sleeping Dogs Lie a quite brilliant and funny look at the whether being absolutely truthful is really the best way to negotiate life. Bobcat, who is the festival jury chairman, was on hand for a Q and A although he had to give it half way through the film to fill time while the projectionist overcame technical problems.

Then I followed it up with a midnight screening of Scar Tissue a new low budget British crime thriller. This was also bedevilled with technical problems (Friday the 13th and all that I guess). While the technicians were able to solve the technical problems they could do nothing for the film which, apart from being beautifully photographed, was a complete mess.

I will try to post more detailed thoughts over on my diary in the gaps between screenings over the weekend.

Tomorrow its second time round for me with Willow Creek, another low budget British film - The List - and the almost unique opportunity to see The Image on the big screen.