View Single Post
Old 9th October 2013, 01:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I watched 'The Final Cut' at the cinema last night.

For me, at the cinema at least,the directors cut material in the print was noticable. Although a massive quality jump from from previous releases and they do look very good,there was still a difference in the picture. Maybe it's because I have seen this film countless times that I noticed? I don't think so, I think anyone would notice the shift in quality.
This is basically the theatrical cut with a couple of scenes from the directors cut. All the scenes at the police station have been cut with only the scenes of Howie taking communion present. The film runs as the theatrical cut until the 'Gently Johnny' song and Willow telling Howie the way to the school. The film is then the theatrical cut until the end which means the 'Willow song' is cut down in length. The title screen giving thanks to Lord Summerisle is now missing and is replaced by the face of 'The Barley Man'.

Awesome film and restoration, but I really wish it had been the directors cut that had been restored to this quality.
I'm surprised there's any variation in quality as I thought it was just one print (the Abraxas cut).