View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2013, 04:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Compliance

If someone in authority asks you to do something morally questionable would you do it? I remember reading about the experiment this was based on years ago. In that subject thought they had electrocuted someone to death on the say so of an 'authority figure'. I believe its still considered one of the major studies on the power of authority and peoples willingness to go along with someone they feel represents authority. Its uncomfortable stuff and its used well here in a 'true story' based around a caller to a fast food restaurant who claims to be a police officer and asks the staff to perform increasingly insidious examinations on a young employee. It's very uncomfortable viewing and very well directed, the acting is uniformly good as well and its a lot more origional and clever than a lot of films i've seen lately. Well worth a watch!
Strangely enough, this one popped up on my Amazon 'recommended for you' page the other day, and I was wondering whether anyone here had given it a look. It's based on a true story (although how much of the film is truth and how much is embellishment is unclear). Your review has certainly furthered my interest in seeking it out though, kierarts.