Thread: Code Red
View Single Post
Old 7th November 2013, 06:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Voices from Beyond caps! (big thanks to David Hesse!)

Voices from Beyond - Imgur

Just before Dawn caps! (big thanks to David Hesse again!)

Just Before Dawn - Imgur

For Full resolution, hover over any image and click on the cog wheel in the top right. Select "View full resolution'.

"Just watched Voices from Beyond. Looks fantastic and such details. There are many tinting filters used in the film from grey to blue to ashen and the video transfer handles each scene without fault." (Philip Dubuc)

"I finished watching "Just Before Dawn" blu-ray from Code Red. I was very satisfied with the picture quality of the uncut version. A very nice improvement compared to the Shriek Show dvd. It was very cool to have the "grindhouse picture quality" for the longer version. The longer version has emulsion lines and audio snap, crackles, and pop. Watching the longer version definitely gives it a 70's atmosphere. The time length for the uncut version is 1:30:33. The time length for the longer version is 1:42:37. Shriek Show's time length is 1:30:02. The aspect ratio for Code Red is 1:78 and Shriek Show is 1:85. You also get two different trailers of JBD. Usually we receive upcoming trailers of upcoming titles from Code Red, but not this time. I'm glad that the blu-ray case is solid and sturdy unlike the typical crappy "environmentally friendly" blu-ray cases that have gigantic punch outs that makes it very easy to puncture the paper sleeves." (Avery Hemming)

Longer version = extended European version btw.

Last edited by bdc; 8th November 2013 at 07:22 AM.