View Single Post
Old 27th November 2013, 08:19 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
You're right about 'Eliminators', it's hugely enjoyable, fast paced 80's cheesy entertainment. Really like Andrew Prine in this ( and 'Simon, king of the witches', which is well worth seeking out), did anyone notice him in 'Lords of Salem'?
You didn't mention the cave men though, i loved this film as a 10 year old and
was worried i wouldn't still like it but shouldn't have as i really enjoyed it again when i revisited it.
It's the kind of film a 10 year old would wish for ,just get all the good stuff, mix it up and see what happens. 8/10
I also have the sci-fi marathon, 'Arena' was enjoyable too in the the same kind of way, but not quite up to 'Eliminators' standard.7/10
America 3000 is pretty bad, but is still entertaining if you're in the right mood.5/10
Haven't got round to watching 'The Time Guardian' yet though.
Great set though if you're a fan of dodgy 80's b movies. Although the transfer quality could be improved a lot on most of the films, but it wasn't too expensive so i'm just glad i got a copy of 'Eliminators'.

Brings back good memories for me, i used too have a poster of this on my wall at one point, also had Demons, Fright night and the original poster for Return of the living dead, all courtesy of the local video rental stores. Good times.

Attachment 125078
This is my favourite Return of the living dead cover.
Thought i'd leave a few surprises for people watching so never mentioned the cave men. (or the death ray)

Have seen Simon king of the witches, also Centerfold girls and numerous other Andrew prine cult classics.