View Single Post
Old 4th December 2013, 11:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
I watched Old Boy for the first time in a couple of years this evening.While the film has lost some of its visceral impact it remains an extraordinary feat.

Fortunately I missed the U.K. premiere of this at the Edinburgh International Film Festival. Fortunately because the director actually turned up late for the festival and so the best of the fest showing that I attended was the only screening in his presence. In the post film Q&A one audience member asked "Why did you make such an angry film?" and the answer "Because only by understanding one another's anger can be truly become friends" has stayed with me ever since.

If you haven't see Oldboy yet I urge you to see the original. Spike Lee's remake opens in Germany on Thursday, but at the moment I have no plans to go and see it because its being shown in the dubbed version
Oldboy has stayed with me since I watched it. when I heard they were remaking it for fortress disney, I felt like applying for a pilot's license cough.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]