View Single Post
Old 20th December 2013, 03:57 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
While I'm here, I thought the comments made from Francesco Simeoni, Label Manager at Arrow to MovieMail were pertinent to the 'cult' films discussions.

Part One and Part Two, for anyone interested. Some very interesting information as a whole, well worth giving those articles a read.

I may not agree with you Dem, but I do feel where you're coming from. It sucks when a label that once felt attuned to your needs suddenly feels so out of touch with your tastes. I feel very similarly with Shameless at the moment (although I haven't checked out if they've announced anything that would interest me of late). But I haven't picked up anything for over a year, The House With Laughing Windows being the last.
I agree. cult film labels should have variety. Even one of the great-pre-cert video labels, Intervision had UA titles. Among the likes of Mark of the Devil, the Brood, the Love Butcher and Kong Island, you had Carrie, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Revenge of the Pink Panther. This actually in my opinion kind of de-mainstreamed them, i.e. putting them in the same context as similar but lower films, i.e. a Leone western alongside A Few Bullets More. VCL too