View Single Post
Old 21st January 2014, 09:00 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I saw The Wolf of Wall Street on Sunday and really enjoyed it due to the terrific performances, brilliant direction, cinematography, editing etc and a screenplay which shows that Jordan Belfort and his colleagues aren't the only greedy people in the process at the people they target with 'get rich quick' offers are equally greedy otherwise they would say no and hang up.

The excesses are truly outrageous with the sheer quantities of drugs, prostitutes and alcohol almost defying belief. At the beginning of the film, he says: "On a daily basis I consume enough drugs to sedate Manhattan, Long Island, and Queens for a month. I take Quaaludes 10-15 times a day for my "back pain", Adderall to stay focused, Xanax to take the edge off, pot to mellow me out, cocaine to wake me back up again, and morphine... Well, because it's awesome."

That gives you an idea of the humour and there were numerous times to outshine when many people in the cinema were laughing out loud. Although it sounds like one film with a three hour running time, the time flew by and that's generally a sign of a good film – bad films frequently feel longer than they really are. I think you will struggle to win Oscars because American Hustle, 12 Years a Slave and Gravity will dominate the field, but this is still well worth seeing. It also, typically for a Martin Scorsese film, has an awesome soundtrack.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 21st January 2014 at 09:36 AM.