View Single Post
Old 12th February 2014, 10:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I liked and disliked the purge it was a good decent film only problem was it could have offered so much, with a great story and idea but in the end felt dissapointed because it went down the root of you've seen it before , but because of the concept of the story it eally could of gone down a complete and different and interesting direction, bit still worth a watch all the same .
No doubt, it could have been a lot better. I'm saying The Purge was good in the trashy B movie sense.

Speaking of which.....

Jungle heat.jpg

Took a random punt on this and glad I did. Its a HK take on Nam films about a group of friends in Nam after the Americans leave.

Sam 'Flash Gordon' Jones is more a guest star, only turning up in a few scenes. The main focus is the squads of Chinese heading in country and combating the VC. Some pretty nasty torture scenes including a guy getting buried up to his head and doused in Acid. Also a scene of a rat being set on fire then left to run about over petrol coated soldiers setting them alight in a sick gambling game. I suspect the BBFC may not have actually seen this given some of the content. It's 86 minutes long so i'm sure some of our friendly HK experts can enlighten us!

It's a raw mean and trashy film that ends up being sort of fun in spite of itself and was certainly not a wasted quid in my book.