View Single Post
Old 15th March 2014, 09:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I picked up the UK release of Only God Forgives whilst I was in Glasgow. I saw the film before on German blu-ray which lacks English sub's, but even allowing for this I enjoyed the film a lot more second time round.

I also watched Reanimator and Bride of Reanimator which I picked up in the rather attractive German steel book.

Next up were a couple of films that I saw at various festivals in 2012 and 2013 Ip Man 2 and Blood Glacier. The latter which I saw under the original title of The Station was on DVD as the only Region B release I found so far is the German one which, naturally, lacks English subs.

Another DVD was Shameless' release of A Formula For Murder which failed to impress.

After Machete and Machete Kills I returned to Rodriguiz's earlier efforts with El Mariachi, Desparado and Once Upon A Time in Mexico which stand up well, although I find Depp's turn in the latter distracting to say the least.

Finally a quick trip to the local Kino this afternoon to watch Neeson's latest action role in Non-Stop. I really enjoyed this thriller which is well scripted, even if I remain unconvinced by the motivation of the hijacker.