View Single Post
Old 12th April 2014, 11:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
FRIGHT WORLD. A satanic serial killer comes back to life and slaughters kids in an abandoned theme park. Murky is the best way to describe this one, the film looks like it was shot through a used tea bag and the sound is awful but luckily that doesn't really matter as the whole thing is drenched in wall to sub Marilyn Mason style music as people wonder around a lot. However there are some moments of cinematic greatness to be had: the title sequence is a mix of necro thrills and warped looking demon masks; the killer is resurrected from a puddle of blood caused by a ruptured hymen as the only victim to ever escape him decides to have her cherry popped in a room full of stuffed animals and my favourite scene...a drunk woman having a piss on the floor, toppling over in to the piss and then sitting there in her own wee wanking about clowns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
THE DEAD DON'T SLEEP. A gang of kids head to the lake for Spring Break in some old dog dick of a town. Here amongst the topless bathing and flesh flashes they are one by one kidnapped and taken to what looks like an industrial laundry to be processed... Yet more low budget high jinks with the normal quota of flesh and blood. People run up and down corridors in bikinis, so much so that at any moment I expected Frankie and Annette to appear. On the plus side this has the finest anti acting I have seen in an age, making me believe I was witnessing some art prank as the lack of acting looks stylized...no one could be that bad. There is a whiff of 2000 Maniacs about this but I would be buggered if I could tell you why. Contains a grossly overweight child eating pretzels throughout and twin goth Dominatrix who have the most pathetic slow motion fight with one of the heroes you are likely to ever see. As with a lot of these no budget gems, it goes on for ages and is in need of being pruned back to make a better film, well for some anyway, I love how these low budget film makers refuse to worry about pacing and the viewers boredom thresholds and just film and release every second of their scripts and visions.
Are you on a Brain Damage marathon?