View Single Post
Old 20th May 2014, 07:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Godzilla..(Gareth Edwards)

MOSTLY great. The final fight between Godzilla and the two mutos is frankly brilliant and a real treat for fans of Gojira.

It was however a little let down by the Call of duty fetishism that seems to infect any Hollywood picture with plenty of military hardware on display. I could live with it for most of the picture but then the US enacts a frankly baffling plan that involves them ignoring at least two key fact about the mutos and seems really puzzling until you realise its all to let the Us military play a part in the end monster rumble because why let Godzilla steal the thunder of these brave patriots.....

Sorry but I PAID TO SEE GODZILLA TRASH A CITY AND FIGHT MONSTERS.

To have the epic fight play partly as background noise for the medal of honour heroism is frankly a step too far and put me off loving the film.

Still worth watching but Pacific rim was better.
Just seen it and have to agree with everything you said, I went to see Godzilla kick ass and smash things, every time you thought it might it cuts back to the bloody yanks and there flag waving patriotism and sentimentality . Epic fight when Godzilla does fight and you can see it. With any luck we will get a sequel more about the monsters and less about how great America is. 7.5/10. Could of easily been a 9 if the whole call of duty America saves the world was toned down

Last edited by trebor8273; 21st May 2014 at 07:33 AM.