View Single Post
Old 31st May 2014, 05:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
That's actually a tame response there. I've seen at least one person (not naming names), who sees it as a personal mission to "destroy" Cliff because a few of Shout/Scream's discs haven't been the greatest. The majority of them are though. You can say the same about a few Arrow discs as well. You can't please everyone though. Some will be happy with the quality of some discs, some won't.

Surely it's not the goal of my life to destroy Cliff and Scream Factory. On the contrary, I will support them as much as I can. The more they and every other cult/horror labels release good horror movies on blu the happier I am. But I won't spend my money on turds they release every now and then with the lame excuse we were given this transfer/master by the studio or it was approved by the director himself. Let's see what releases I am talking about.

1. Phantasm 2 - Terrible release of a great movie, not better than the UK DVD - Phantasm II | Blu-ray: US Collector's Edition vs. DVD: UK

2. They Live! - They Live | Blu-ray: US Collector's Edition vs. Blu-ray: IT

3. Ravenous - this one is really bad - Ravenous | Blu-ray: US vs. DVD: DE

4. Cat People - another wax museum - Cat People | Blu-ray: US Collector's Edition vs. HD DVD: US

5. Nosferatu - Nosferatu the Vampyre | Blu-ray: US German Version vs. Blu-ray: DE

6. The epic fiasco with the Bruce Lee Box Set.

Of course they have a lot of strong releases which I can't deny. I just want them to change like Arrow did.My point is people should complian and don't buy something like Phantasm 2 or Ravenous instead of praising SF. Maybe then Cliff and co will start to think twice before releasing a botched release and say this is what we got from the licensor.