View Single Post
Old 31st May 2014, 06:12 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Surely it's not the goal of my life to destroy Cliff and Scream Factory. On the contrary, I will support them as much as I can. The more they and every other cult/horror labels release good horror movies on blu the happier I am. But I won't spend my money on turds they release every now and then with the lame excuse we were given this transfer/master by the studio or it was approved by the director himself. Let's see what releases I am talking about.

1. Phantasm 2 - Terrible release of a great movie, not better than the UK DVD - Phantasm II | Blu-ray: US Collector's Edition vs. DVD: UK

2. They Live! - They Live | Blu-ray: US Collector's Edition vs. Blu-ray: IT

3. Ravenous - this one is really bad - Ravenous | Blu-ray: US vs. DVD: DE

4. Cat People - another wax museum - Cat People | Blu-ray: US Collector's Edition vs. HD DVD: US

5. Nosferatu - Nosferatu the Vampyre | Blu-ray: US German Version vs. Blu-ray: DE

6. The epic fiasco with the Bruce Lee Box Set.

Of course they have a lot of strong releases which I can't deny. I just want them to change like Arrow did.My point is people should complian and don't buy something like Phantasm 2 or Ravenous instead of praising SF. Maybe then Cliff and co will start to think twice before releasing a botched release and say this is what we got from the licensor.
I actually quite like their Phantasm and they live discs.