View Single Post
Old 25th June 2014, 08:22 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
The reference was totally lost on me as I have never seen it (or even heard of it). The world of TV is a scary labyrinthine place where I very rarely tread.

Despite my little joke regarding your internet witch hunt, I did read somewhere not too long ago that a woman was burned to death in Colombia on suspicion of witchcraft only a few years ago... whether that is true or not is an entirely different matter though. As you know, I'm a casual fan of the occult and witchcraft but it has always been something that has fascinated me. I should really try and indulge my fascination a little more and read more into it.
I tend not to watch telly too much but have lately started to watch the odd boxset people at work have lent me and that's how I discovered Modern Family. You should check out "True Detective", I think you would really like it.

Yeah, once you step outside Europe the rest of the world seems like our Middle Ages in regard to witches. There are some horrific things going on in Africa by witches and those accusing people of Witchcraft. From talking to some of my Pakistani co-workers, black magic and witchcraft are very real problems for people in Pakistan and amongst the Pakistani population here. It all sounds great to me but then again I'm not living with the belief that I could be cursed at any moment or that a djinn might attack me!