View Single Post
Old 15th July 2014, 09:37 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

So, who here has picked up the brand new Judas Priest album, Redeemer Of Souls?

It came out this Monday and I have been so looking forward to it for such a long time. It's incredible! A must for all metalheads, let alone Priest fans. The songs on here are all top notch and, although they may not be as fast as those on Painkiller or as catchy as the likes of British Steel or Point Of Entry, they are fantastic!

Halford's voice is still jaw-droppingly awesome, especially in the song Halls Of Valhalla in which one note grows from a guttural roar (like in his Fight days) growing and growing into an ear-shatteringly powerful banshee scream. Powerful riffs - Faulkner fits in perfectly to the band, taking KK's place and working with Tipton so smoothly.

Check out the deluxe version too! It comes in a very cool 2 disc book and has 5 extra tracks including Never Forget which I love - such a great ballard wishing the Priest fans a massive thank you for their support.

Priest are back and show that they will forever be the Metal Gods! Incredible riffs and solos, catchy tunes that grow and grow on you and a great mix between typical Priest heavy metal epicness, mixed with a couple of beautifully strong blues-esque ballads (Beginning Of The End.

It really is a great blend of the best of modern Priest (Painkiller - the artwork even looks similar) and their 70s era (my personal fav Priest era).

Anyone else picked this one up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4W6KeGdRM