View Single Post
Old 12th August 2014, 06:26 AM
Cult Addict

Hercules.

Yes the one starring the Rock, yes I went to see that. Don't judge.
The Rock stars as Hercules alongside a cast of mainly British character actors playing heroes and villains. It turns out while a pretty fearce warrior Hercules legend is something of a fraud intended to scare his enemies..or is he?

Thats not some interesting question the film makers are trying to pose by the way, no it really is very uneaven and no one seems to know what they want the film to be. Sure he may be mortal but he can still chuck people about like rag dolls and throw horses about.

Brett Ratner is a fairly mediocre director, even his best film Red dragon isn't anywhere near as good as it should have been and only really holds up because he spent most of the time trying really, really hard to copy Jonathan Demme's style. Here he delivers an idiotic, uneaven adventure with a terrible script but manages to make it fun. It's no classic but it at least passes the time and the fight scenes are entertaining.

I really wish they had got another writer/director and gone all out to make something as outrageous as one of the Italian efforts with good effects work.
But then we can't have what we want all the time or i would be lying in a mountain of cash with scarlett Johannson sat on my face.

Theater of Blood.

Not a lot more to add on a film most people here have probably seen (and if you havent shame on you get it watched) Vincent Price is a disgruntled actor edward lionheart who is going about murdering his critics with the killings based on atrocities in shakespears plays.

The film is tons of fun, with Price giving one of his best performances, the script is both intelligent and witty and the whole film is very well directed indeed.