View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2014, 05:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Legend of Hercules (2014) What a steaming pile of . Makes me look forward to the Rock's version!
Gravity (2013) Enjoyed this and quite good use of 3D
Dracula The Dark Prince (2013) Another steaming pile of for gawds sake who greenlights these crapfests! The moment I saw Dracula chestbump one of his mates I knew what I was going to be in for!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) I like the recent Marvel movies and I think this is the best one yet far better than Thor 2!
Dark Skies (2013) Hmm! Liked it but I think Signs was better.
The Monuments Men (2014) This disappointed me really did expect more.

From 1958 part 2
Tarzan's fight for Life - Tarzan suddenly aquires a new Jane and Boy who seems to change name from Boy to Tartu every time he's mentioned. Still its another generic outing for Scott
Vertigo - I have say I've never seen this before, prefering Hitchcocks more 'horror' related The Birds and Psycho. So I came into this not knowing what was going on and enjoyed it all the more.
Tarzan and the Trappers - An aborted attempt by Sol Lesser to bring Tarzan to the small screen. Having failed the three half hour episodes were cobbled together to create this feature. A little better than usual but not by much.
Carry on Sergeant - The first in the carry on franchise and great comedy! "Your rank?" "Well thats a matter of opinion!"
The Vikings - Da daaaa da, da daaaa da! Love this movie and also its theme tune by Mario Nascimbene which is very reminiscent of his later themes for One Million Years B.C and When Dinosaurs Ruled the earth.
Ivan the Terrible -Part 2 - Eisenstein's second part to his bio of the Russian Tsar. Made in 1945 it was banned by the Soviet governement and a planned Part 3 was never made. Eisenstein never saw part 2 released as he died in 1948.
King Creole - An Elvis movie which if I'm honest bored me, liked the music but thats all.
Knighty Knight Bugs - The only Bugs Bunny cartoon to win an Oscar.
Tot Watchers - Tom & Jerrys last theatrical outing in what is described as the Golden Age of Hollywood animation.
Touch of Evil - Chuck Heston is one of my favourite actors but I just didn't like this. I can see what Orson Welles had in mind when he made this but it just didn't work for me.
The Buccaneer - Yul Brynner and Heston team up again for a slice of American history. A bit cliqued but the scene with the British army marching towards the Yanks with their pipes and drums playing is one of the highlights of the movie.