View Single Post
Old 28th August 2014, 10:20 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Understood

I think this is different, tho. The band that appeared at the O2 were not Zeppelin. They might have had Plant, Page and Jones, but without Bonzo it didn't work. Don't get me wrong - I love the band, but the bootleg recording I had of the show (a good 5 years before the 'official' "Celebration Day" was released) bored me. Yes, the classics were great, but there was something missing, and it seemed over-indulgent

At this point in time, Led Zeppelin were not an ENGLISH act - they had become worldwide

I HAVE NOT ATTENDED ANY OF KATE'S SHOWS, NOR AM I GOING TO, but I think that Kate is different. She is a true English eccentric, in the same way that Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull is an eccentric. There is an erotic sexuality to Kate which few other singers have been able to achieve. I loved her as a boy, and I love her as a girl. She is able to transcend all boundries.

I know what the full set-list for these shows is, and I am disappointed that the older material is not being represented, but I am still excited that she is performing live, and I will be the first on line to get the DVD when it is released

Also, look at her from a musicians point of view. Her songs range from the light and ethereal to the gothic to the avant-garde to the (if I'm being honest) unlistenable. But there is still something there.

Maybe i was born at the 'right time'. Maybe I am just 'in tune' with her thinking, but I think that Kate Bush is an important factor in the history of music, and the fact that she is playing live again means a lot
I was one of the lucky ones who attended the Led Zepplin show and I can tell you if was far from boring it was a brilliant show, its not like John didn't want to turn up he had a slight case of Death which prevented him from attending and the replacement was his Son Ok the show did not have the raw energy of the 70s but I don't think anybody from that era can recreate what they did back then, except Iggy Pop but that guy ain't a human being