View Single Post
Old 19th October 2014, 04:37 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Humans vs Zombies. (2011)

Once you get past the highly original title - I'm sure i once saw humans fighting zombies before...maybe not Humans vs Zombies is a pretty decent effort. Although low budget, a bit of time has been spent on the dialogue especially during the opening forty minutes which is actually a high school romp with barely any mention of our undead chums.

The characters are all well rounded although arguably a little cliched, fortunately they are all rather likable as well, meaning when the inevitable flesh ripping begins you care enough to root for them.

Interestingly some of these recent low budget horrors have tried new tricks and ideas to set themselves apart, whether it be the time lapse filming of Stitcher ,or in this case much use of satellite imagery to show each location before a scene begins. Happily it's not overused but i found it interesting the six or seven times it came into play.

If the film has one drawback it's the zombie's themselves. Not the slow shambling type, these guys go for the whole running, jumping, 28 Days Later caboodle which is wearing a little thin with me nowadays.

There are people who will no doubt dislike this film for the same reasons i enjoyed it, and that's fine. On the whole i was rather pleased with this Poundland purchase.