View Single Post
Old 31st October 2014, 10:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Pack (1977, Robert Clouse). Was in the mood for a killer dogs film, and this is the daftest imo (well, until The Breed). Plus Joe Don Baker hasn't that many lead roles to his name etc etc.
As with most nature-runs-amok films, the underlying "message" is humans beware!! Your tenuous grip on being "top of the food chain" is, well, tenuous to say the least......

On Seal Island, the locals tell you what they think plainly (well, RG Armstrong is one of them haha), but don't seem to mind when you leave your "holiday dog" behind because "they couldn't run free in the city"

Really??

So this creates a slavering Pack of various breeds, mostly covered in poor makeup haha. And I think this print was trimmed as well, as the kills seem to have stuff missing. Could be wrong though......

Enjoyed this tale of redemption and rabies, not as mental as White Dog or as funny as Rottweiler, but worth a look.

Lucy (Luc Besson, 2014)

My 2nd SJ film in as many days....I still prefer her in Ghost World cough. Choi min-Sik is the new Charles Bronson imo. A Greggs pasty of a film.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]