View Single Post
Old 17th November 2014, 06:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Hellraiser
Attachment 149553
A classic, still creepy with some fantastic special effects that's better than the over used CGI we get today. We all know the story by now of young Kirsty Cotton and the nightmare that begins when her father and the evil stepmother for hell Julia move in to their new home after an accident the fathers no good brother frank is brought back from the dead and along with Julia goes on a killing spree to make him whole again .Events lead young Kirsty to a puzzel box which she ends up summoning cenobites demons/ extradimensional beings that torture who ever summons them for eternity. When I watch this I'm always confused is it set in England or america all the locations etc look english but the main actors are american and the police in the second are american. 9.5/10

Attachment 149554. Attachment 149555

Attachment 149556 Attachment 149557

Attachment 149558 Attachment 149559
One of the best horror films ever in my opinion Tre. When I went see this in the cinema it was the first film to give me a nightmare since I was a kid! I was 18 at the time and had been watching horror on a regular basis since I was about 8 (old black and whites with my Nan, magical times)

I thought nightmares were a thing of the past till I saw this, I had a drink and a smoke before going and it completely pulled me in, late night showing. So original when horror was going through a stale period for me.

Clive Barker has been special to me ever since. His books, art etc I just wish he would have a stab at directing again but doubtful since his near death experience. I can live in hope.