View Single Post
Old 4th December 2014, 06:56 AM
Cult Addict

Alucarda

Apparently the director of this is a some time collaborator with Jodorowsky, it certainly shows. Alucarda is a somewhat nuts fusion of The Devils, The Exorcist and euro-vampire movie. Essentially a tale of friendship that spirals way the hell out of control into demonic possession, lesbianism, vampirism, madness and lots and lots of screaming. Personally I think it's bloody marvellous, with a wonderful visual style, tons of surrealistic imagery, nudity and violence. It has a rich Gothic atmosphere and is very well paced.

The Occultist.

Oh, dear oh dear. The night was going so well. It should ring alarm bells when you can pick up a German blu-ray for a couple of quid. This one is set in 'miskatonic university' where a couple of oddball professors are mixing occult studies into their lessons. In the evenings they start sacrificing their students to summon lucifer. A bunch of other stuff happens that will feel like an eternity of boredom then it f*****g ends with a pair of c***s of think they're funny. Ever wanted to reach through the screen and throttle someone with your bare hands just for the pleasure of watching the life drain from their ignorant f*****g eyes. This is how I felt. Occultist is not just inept, its totally offensively wrecked in ways that make HELLGATE seem like the evil dead. It's so f*****g bad I want to smash stuff up...