View Single Post
Old 30th December 2014, 11:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
I would like to know what you and others think of the BD of Godzilla, to me it seemed tampered with, I have the trailer in 720p which looks stunning with vivid colours and a pin-sharp image... but when I watched the Blu the colour has been muted(can live with that) but more serious it seems to have had it's contrast and brightness altered downwards too, and as the good stuff happens in the dark everything looks too dark and soft*, so much so that I looked online and sure enough, loads of similar complaints, even going as far as demanding a remastered re-issue, hellishly good soundtrack though(a room shaker to be sure) I for one love the new roar.

*Like a bad ntsc/pal conversion with murky grey everywhere when things get dark.
Having just seen it I have to agree with you. Whilst by no means is it unwatchable you are right about the colours looking muted as for the contrast it makes it look like your viewing it through a thin gauze. For a bluray release this should look stunning but its more DVD quality really.