View Single Post
Old 1st January 2015, 07:47 AM
Cult Addict

In Fear.

A couple head out to a hotel in Ireland for a quick getaway and get menaced, not much original but nicely shot, well paced and the acting was generally good. Paid £4.99 off Zaavi. Wouldn't pay more than that though.

Devoured.

Another Zaavi buy, this one is a real slow burner. Its about a Mexican immigrant in new york saving money for her sons operation, she begins to see weird shit in the bar she works in-between getting sexually harassed and generally abused. It has a great ending but a few people will be put off by the fact very little happens for a large chunk of the movie. What rescued it for me was the story was interesting and the acting decent. Not sure why its an 18 certificate though.

Bad Milo.

An accountant at a crooked financial services company is feeling stressed at work and home, as a result he begins to develop problems with his ass. This manifests as a razor toothed ass goblin named milo who then goes out and kills whoever it is stressing our lead character out. This one was enjoyably idiotic and very funny indeed. Only on blu-ray in America it has a DVD release here.

Toxic avenger 2.

New years eve and I have a rotten head cold so I decided to watch toxie 2. Here Toxie has become somewhat despondent after ridding tromaville of crime so he heads to Japan to find his father, meanwhile an evil corporation is moving in to pollute and kill tromavilles citizens.
Toxie 2 seems to follow the British comedy formula for sequels and takes its character out on the road, also its not quite as good. It's still a worthwhile film to watch, its gory and very funny indeed but feels a little less focused than part 1. Also Toxies new voice is awful. Still highly recommended though.

Remote Control.

Jeff Lieberman directs an 80's take on the 50's alien invasion formula set in the video era. It's about a vhs tape sent by aliens that inspires the viewer to kill. It stars Matt Dillon as the video store clerk who uncovers the conspiracy. Its a fun little movie that drips 80's style. Very funny and fast paced its well worth checking out. The US blu-ray is region free but seems to be ltd to 1000 copies.