View Single Post
Old 11th January 2015, 01:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Dead End (2012)

A family at odds with each other decide to go to the country for a restful break. After stopping in a secluded side road the family find themselves strung up from the ceiling in an abandoned roadside cafe.

Dead End is a film populated by wholly unlikeable characters throughout with only the family daughter being someone you could even think about sympathizing with. The families captors are a deranged mob and come across like a watered down version of Rob Zombie's Firefly clan, but lacking the threat and dangerous seediness of Mosley, Haig etc.

Starring Eastenders 'bloke' Jaime Foreman as Dog, the leader of the gang and Jill Greenacre, who you may recall as the fresh faced, clean cut Linda in The Brittas Empire, as his lipstick smeared, smacked out, deranged lover, Bones, who i bizarrely found really attractive. The film is largely set in a single room and lurches from one sequence to another that every horror fan will have seen played out in fifty other probably better films.

Strangely, come the twist finale which i didn't see coming, i had that feeling of satisfaction and despite it's many cliches actually rather enjoyed the thing in spite of or possibly because of it's general British shoddiness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dead-End-2010-aka-Hard-Shoulder-Movie-1.jpg (16.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 11th January 2015 at 01:23 PM.