View Single Post
Old 12th January 2015, 10:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bit of a mixed bag this time....
The Machinist (Brad Anderson, 2005).
Before he went Hollywood Bale pulls out all the stops in this tour de force performance. Who hasn't seen this? Rectify that post haste!!

The Signal (William Eubank, 2014).
Sci fi hokum of the highest order, I felt they faffed about too much in the intro, which makes you think it's going to be a FF film. Maybe this will impress someone, it left me cold ahem.

Stranded (Roger Christian, 2012).
Christian Slater appears in Canadian tax loss venture. the moral being....when your moonbase is hit by a meteor, don't take it inside to "investigate these spores" haha.

Dolls (Stuart Gordon, 1987).
Certainly the sweetest film from Yunza/Gordon imo. Never bothered with this at the time, as twas all dolled out by this point. Silly me, as this has much to offer. Miles better than Puppetmaster imo.

We Still Kill The Old Way (2014, Sacha Bennet).
Even more right wing than Harry Brown, this hoot shows some "old school" gangsters taking on todays yoof. Ian Oglivy!! Need I say more, geezer??

The Bay (2012, Barry Levinson)
Watched this on Film4. Sue me, but I liked it. Moral? Don't dump chicken shit in the water!! Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]