View Single Post
Old 16th January 2015, 11:35 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Agree on the CGI in 'Inside' for sure, although it was easy to let it slide. I really liked most of those French nouveau splatter films, but 'Martyrs' was for me the strongest of them. And 'Them' / 'Ils' was great too, and did what it did without recourse to loads of gore and extremity. I have a soft spot for 'Frontiers' and 'Haute Tension', which sometimes seem a little disregarded these days.
I agree that Haute Tension has generally fallen out of favour, perhaps due to the implausibility of the ending, but I really like it and find its good points easily outweighed the negatives. Frontiers definitely has a serious point to make, and makes it quite well, whilst being extremely nasty into the bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Have you seen the French film Brocéliande ?

It's not up to the same standard as the others mentioned here, but it's mix of splatter, beasts and Celtic lore appeal to me.

Unfortunately the US dvd is long since deleted but i'd recommend a watch if it pops up on Netflix etc.
I haven't seen that one, but will keep an eye out for it, so thanks for the recommendation.