View Single Post
Old 13th March 2015, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default I was only in it for the birds after the show

My wave of nostalgia got me digging out these two dvds,although not true live dvds they both have enough live footage to be crucial viewings.Its hard to recommend Rude Boy on its merits as a film,but the actual Clash footage is superb and a reminder of the there greatness.
The Great Rock n Roll swindle,again hardly a great film (see Julien Temple's The Filth And The Fury) but entertaining never the less,any film that has Steve Jones call Irene Handl a C@#T has much appeal,that and the live footage,the film itself is a train crash of a movie but when has that stopped any of us watching.When I first saw the film back in the days of Betamax I wallowed in the swearing and funny cartoons,now re-watching it again i still chuckle at the cartoons and swearing but now the ending kind makes me sad,no film should end with an obituary.Still thats what I get for still wearing skinny jeans in my forties.