Old 24th March 2015, 11:14 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Better than Escape from LA.
Hardly a glowing report!

Great review as always though Dem, plus I'm glad you enjoyed it for the most part. For me though there was too much I didn't like about the film and if it didn't have Carpenter's name attached it would just be yet another generic supernatural horror film with a twist that would struggle to get recognition amongst the umpteen others. The ending sealed the disappointment for me, which had been brewing thanks to the poor performances and CGI that had come before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Hopefully as the years go by, as with Ghosts of Mars, people will start to look a little more favourably on The Ward...especially as it may well be John Carpenter's final film.
I really hope The Ward isn't Carpenter's 'swan song' (however as the years go by it's looking increasingly more likely). I can't see it becoming the 'cult oddity that Ghosts of Mars has/is becoming myself though, mainly because GoM just feels more like a Carpenter film, in as much it is Assault on Precinct 13 on acid and has that unmistakable Carpenter magic within. Others may well disagree, and I may be wrong, but The Ward doesn't feel like a Carpenter film in as much as it is just so generic... a 'one watch' curio for those wanting to complete Carpenter's filmography.